The basic story is Wednesday Addams falls in love with a normal boy and they wanna get married but they want there parents blessing. Commence crazy meeting in the Addams central park home and all kooky goings on happen.
So what did i think?
- Samantha Womack- Morticia- so good as the sexy and sultry Morticia, great singing and acting not the most powerful singer but very good still.
- Les Dennis-Uncle Fester- Funny and innocent Fester whose Love story is so cute and played by this legend was carried off really well such good acting needed for the role and he pulled it off.
- Carrie Hope Fletcher-Wednesday- The reason i came to see it. Totally amazing her voice is just as good in person her chemistry with all the cast was amazing and the part suited her well!
- Cameron Blakely-Gomez- hilarious and amazing acting done here clearly his years in the business shone through, nothing was forced and his singing is pure class.
- Valda Aviks-Grandma- considering her age shes a feisty little something so funny!
- Grant McIntyre-Pugsley- lovely solo by him when doing what if! And he did pugsley just as you would imagine him to be naughty and a typical kid but innocent too.
- Oliver Ormson- Lucas Beineke- nice on the eye, amazing voice and funny too got a few laughs and jibes for dabbing by the school kids in o the performance!
- Dicken Gough- Lerch- does not say much of course but for someone who hardly speaks he did this character amazing justice. Wouldn't be Addams family without lerch!
- Lucas parents-Dale Rapley and Charlotte Page- great pairing good singing and reflection of married couples drawn apart then back together again.
- The Ancestors- amazing group Scott Paige stood out due to Carries vlogs but all really made the show!
I loved the set Gothic and kooky it really reflected the family and the scene with the moon was so beautiful.
The story was realistic and you know would have happened i that classic families life. It was funny and relateable and quirky all at the same time but not normal far from normal this is the Addams family of course.
A mixture of quirky fun songs to really lovely heart felt powerful songs. It had it all!
When your and Addams made up as there welcome entrance, with crazier than you as the love song and Pulled giving the power to the situation Wednesday found herself in and full disclosure just was not getting out of your head now!
Listen to it ! Go see it if you can! And lets hope Andrew Lippa does a cast soundtrack!